Friday, May 1, 2009

Time Flies

They say time flies when you are having fun. These past few weeks have been fun and it can't possibly be over already. I feel like it takes me a whole month to get ready for our "vacation" and a whole month to recover afterwards. I try to fit 6 months of visiting and such into just a few weeks. I know I have missed seeing so many friends and family this time. I think next time I will plan nothing other than a true vacation. Ok, I say that now but we all know I will still plan a full plate and half of another. I have just decided I will have a South Dakota Bucket List for Darren, the boys and I.

SOUTH DAKOTA BUCKET LIST
Visit Mount Rushmore
Visit Crazy Horse (I need to go admire the paving job as I helped with it - ha ha what a reason to visit Crazy Horse huh???)
Visit Custer State Park and see a lot of buffalo
Climb Bear Butte ALL the way
Take the kids to Flintstone Park

Well, its a start anyway. I'm sure we could come up with a few more without much effort. NEWS FLASH - maybe we should go on a vacation somewhere besides South Dakota?? Nahhh, at least we have "free" lodging here and most meals. I think I will call it G&G B&B (Grandpa and Grandpa Bed and Breakfast).

This weekend's weather report - the Gebes Tornado that has been tormenting the poor people of South Dakota is showing signs of moving east. Projected route appears to be Sturgis, Rapid City, Milesville and onto the I90 to continue its path into Minnesota. The frassled folks of SD should be grateful to learn that the Gebes Tornado will be hitting Minnesota with full force no later than Monday and shall not return in the near future. Expect a path of destruction 2 parents wide by 5 boys long.

10-4

No comments: