Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

We didn't go to market to buy a fat pig, or any pig for that matter, BUT we are home again and quite frankly - if life was a dance I'd be doing a jig right now. (On a side note - I could use some bacon if anyone is passing by a store and headin' this way.)

I always dread the "down time" after a vacation. Unloading, unpacking, putting away, catching up, cleaning up and overly tired kids. Oh oh oh...I forgot to mention a cranky me.

So the trailer is unloaded, but most of the totes are still sitting on the garage floor.

Unpacking - yah right, how about let's just leave it all packed until our next trip. Ok, I'm not trying to be lazy, just thinking ahead for next time (oh alright, the next trip isn't for half a year - yah LAZY).

Putting away what, you mean those things in the totes still on the garage floor?? Maybe next week or tomorrow. Actually I'll probably unpack as soon as I can't locate something we REALLY need, like Rex's extra pull-ups.

Catching up - that will never happen. OH no I just burst my own bubble!

Cleaning up - well, maybe next week after I unload those totes that are still on the garage floor.

Overly tired kids - my dad used to say he should have just spanked us as we walked in the door from a visit to our grandparents. Can you imagine - my boys have been at one or the other grandparents house for 3 weeks!! I suppose every child deserves a bit of spoiling every once in awhile. Around here we save up months and months of spoiling and get it all done in 3 weeks.

Cranky me - well, what can I say - even a mom deserves a bit of crankiness. Near as I can figure, I'll be cranky until the totes are unpacked, the house cleaned up and the kids are caught up on their sleep. Who am I kiddin'? The house will never be cleaned up and the kids will still be fussy. One outta three ain't bad!

Throughout this all Darren has kept his cool and been as helpful as could be. Sure wish he could unpack the totes and know exactly where I want the stuff to go. YES, I am lazy. YES, I will work on my laziness this week. NO, I probably won't learn my lesson and I will continue to be lazy.

1 comment:

Kateri said...

I hate unpacking after a trip, too, and I don't even have children. Sounds like you all had a good trip though!