Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to normal

Darren went back to work today after being off for 2 weeks. Its amazing how our routine gets messed up when Dad is home. I think I would have our routine completely forgotten if Darren could stay home all the time. We had a good time with him around. He has been busy residing the house and putting in new windows. He also had to tear out the deck and found out that we need to regrade the house. Sounds like we will have some excitement this week when the heavy equipment shows up.

I have finished deciding what we will do for the next school year. Now on to the planning session. I am so excited for school to start. I am sure the boys will enjoy this year. I planned to do a few things a bit differently. I will have 3 kids in school this year, plus Rex who will think he needs to do anything Cormac does. I can't wait to share pictures and stories of the coming year.

The garden is producing LOTS of good food. We enjoyed some snow peas and new potatoes the other night. The tomatoes are getting closer as are the peppers. Oh and we have our first pumpkin growing. Blase can hardly contain himself!! The corn is growing up to Blase's chest in some places. Now the weeds...oh my!

To answer Meredith's son's question - The birds never did return and I haven't seen them around the yard since then. Darren did take down the nest and kept it for us. We have a new porch light so there will not be another nest above our front door. Blase is talking about putting up bird houses for next year.

Our newest animal craze - BUTTERFLIES! Stay tuned for pictures and updates!

No comments: