Friday, July 10, 2009

New animals

We have had some interesting animal spottings lately.

Darren and I were out fixing the clothesline when we saw a young pheasant coming toward us. He/she walked right up to us. We figured it must have been let loose from a farm or was a pet at one time. We tried to feed it, but it flew away.

Then a week later we found a dead baby porcupine by the tennis court. It was a cute bugger. I had Darren take a picture for me.

Back on June 26th, Cormac and I saw a deer with a broken back in the backyard. A Deputy County Sheriff came and shot it for us. She was either hit by a car or got stuck in a fence and tried to get out.

What other interesting animal stories to share....mmmm....Blase keeps seeing what he thinks are ravens. I saw whatever it was flying away and it appeared to be a raven.

When we came home from church last Sunday, we saw our first doe and fawn in the yard. I am surprised we haven't seen more of them around. The fawn still had its spots. They are just adorable at that stage.

The squirrel collection we have is going to be short a few if they don't stay out of the bird feeders. I'm half tempted to get a bb gun myself!

Hopefully this is exciting as the animal stories get for awhile. Lucky for me, there have been NO bears spotted in the yard. I'm just waiting though...camera charged and ready!

1 comment:

Kateri said...

You better gaurd that strawberry with your life, if you have squirrels. Once they find it, it will be gone!