Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If only we had the time

The boys have been putting in their requests for what they want to learn in school. Here is an incomplete listing:
birds
insects
pyramids
Romans
how things work (like cameras, ovens, engines)
castles
cathedrals
stars and planets
metal
frogs
plants
explorers
and on and on and on

I'm glad that we will have the chance to study some of these topics. This is one of the reasons I love homeschooling. When the boys learn about topics they have suggested they seem to enjoy school more and retain more of the information. Lucky for me they are still young enough to suggest fairly easy topics. I am NOT looking forward to the day when they want to learn complex chemistry or Greek. Thank goodness Darren's strengths take over for my weaknesses! God has blessed me in more than one way through Darren.

No comments: