Friday, July 10, 2009

Garden update

I just came in from picking lettuce for supper. I took the chance to snap a few pictures of our garden while I was out there. Please ignore the weeds.
This is a shot of the green beans, peas and corn in the background. The cucumbers are having a late start, so they are not visible in this picture. They are between the corn and peas.

A beautiful sight - baby bean and blossoms!

The peas look wonderful too. I am patiently waiting for fresh peas! You can bet the peas will be the first rows I weed when they start setting pods!!

This is my lettuce and radish section. We have been enjoying the lettuce for a couple weeks now. We have learned a thing or two about them too. Some are better with age.

These are the incredible potatoes with tomatoes in the first two rows.

The peppers are looking parched in this picture. The tomatoes are behind them.

Oh I can almost taste them!!! I love grape and cherry tomatoes.

Our one and only strawberry anywhere near to being ready. I feel like I should be out there guarding it with my life. This is the first time I have ever grown strawberries.

2 comments:

Kateri said...

Weeds? What weeds? (You should see my weeds, if you thinks you have weeds!) Your garden looks very healthy and beautiful.

lorenzfam08 said...

Your garden is awesome! I love it!