Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Quick Michigan Trip

So in the last month I have made two trips to South Dakota and one trip to the beautiful U.P. of Michigan.  I am not going anywhere next week.  Seriously.  I want to stay home for one week.  Better yet - TWO weeks.  Then I will consider taking another trip out of state.

It was great to visit our friends in Michigan.  The first night we stayed in Wisconsin about half way there.  Then the first full day we visited our friend, Anne for a bit.  Then we had a wonderful evening, complete with great food and wine, with Cormac's Godparents and their family.  We stayed there that night.
We made a quick trip to MI to see our new Goddaughter and attend her baptism.  Visiting with everyone else was just a bonus.  We attended the baptism on Saturday morning and spent part of the afternoon with her parents and siblings.
 She's a cutie and a keeper.
 We had a great view of the Menominee River from our hotel room.
 Way over there on the other side of the river is Michigan.  We stayed in Wisconsin since that was the only hotel rooms we could find.  It was it worth it for the view of the river.
 Gianna was watching her daddy and brothers walk to the river.
 Daaa dad
 All in a row....
 We saw them coming back and they saw us.  Gianna was super excited.
 We went swimming in the hotel pool with Darren's sister and her daughter Saturday evening.
 Brech and Emma were splashing the others.  After swimming we had pizza.  I stayed in the room and watched the kids while Darren visited with a friend of ours and his sister.  It was a great ending to a fun day.
 On Sunday we visited Gianna's Godparents and their family.  Ummm, weight limit??  NO WAY!!
 THEY'RE OFF!!!
 I can't remember how many they fit on there, but it was a ton.
 Gianna had a nice ride with her friend, Joseph.  
 Rex borrowed my camera to take a picture of "Paul Bunyan's ring".
 Rex had to show me the forts in the woods.
I just LOVE this boy's smiles. 
 This is a cannon - in case you didn't know that.
This was fort #2 and his favorite I think. 
This was fort #3.  He had a great time playing in their woods.  I think all of the kids are ready to go back again.  We must have been asked 20 times by Blase if we could move back again.  I'm sure that would make all of our friends out there super happy.

The ride home was long and painful.  Well, at least the first hour was painful.  Poor Cormac threw up 4 or 5 times.  I lost count.  We literally had to stop every 4 miles or so for him there for a bit.  He threw up the most near a town called Ralph.  How ironic.  After that he seemed to be ok.  We drove up through Duluth and by Lake Superior again.  We had such a fun time.  I wish we had been able to stay longer.  There is already talk about our next trip.  Thank you to all our friends who allowed us to invade their homes.  Please come visit us if you ever feel the urge.  I am more than happy to find a sleepy place for you and feed you too!!

It is good to be home.  As I was saying...I don't want to go anywhere for 2 weeks....or three....or four.

No comments: