Friday, September 28, 2012

Raisin' Some Hooligans

So I says to my kids "Its going to be time to go to the chiropractor soon."

So my kids say to me...

Blase - "Mom, can I bring my magic tricks?  How about the rope tricks?"

I answer that would be fine.

Stephen - "How about the street games?"

I am thinking, "Street games, what?"

So I says to my kids "What the heck are street games?  You are not going to play in the street when we get there."

So my kids say to me...

Stephen - "No, Mom, the games you play on the street to get money."

Then it all makes sense.  He means games of chance like finding the ball under the cup.  (Which he was doing for pennies the other appointment while I was getting adjusted.)

Now having the complete picture of understanding I says to my kids, "NO, you are NOT bringing  your street games.  You can't take advantage of those poor people who have to pay their bills.  Its not right."

So my kids say to me...

Cormac - "But Mom, we have to make a living somehow."

So I have nothing to say to my kids, but I smile and I shake my head and figure this is one for the blog.

No comments: