Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SD Labor Day Trip

We spent a WINDY Saturday at the Mark Park playing in the water, sand, and grass.  Sunday evening we watched a movie at the Park under the stars projected onto two white sheets.  TOO COOL!  Monday we dropped our bull off at the ranch and headed home.  Quick trip, but lots of memories!
 Can you see how windy it is?

 Getting ready for a spin around the pond.  Before this I tried to put on a life jacket because I do NOT know how to swim.  We couldn't find one my size so I jokingly put on a little girl's jacket that had Barbie on it.  As it turned out I couldn't get it off without someone's help.  Yikes.
 Trying to get away from the shore.
 STILL trying to get away from the shore.
 There they go for their first spin around the water fountain.
 We are STILL trying to get away from the shore.
 We are getting desperate now so we put down the canopy. 
We are still trying to get away from the shore by the way.
 On their second trip around the fountain.
We are getting fairly frustrated as we are STILL not away from the shore and now we are getting out makeshift paddles (broken shovel handles)! 
 REALLY stuck on the shore.  Nasty feeling slime between my toes, water up to my waist, and STILL getting no where.
 "Women drivers!"
 We might make it, we might make it....NOPE!
 This was their THIRD spin around the fountain.
They are coming to our rescue.
 I'm trying to push us off the shore.  Now here is where it gets funny.  (As if it wasn't already?) I am pushing on the boat and walking along with it.  Blase is paddling and starts pulling away from the shore.  Remember I can't swim.  SOO, as the water is starting to get up to my armpits and the ground is getting lower and lower I start freaking out.  I had to have Blase paddle backwards to push ME back up on the shore.  So in the end we were back where we started and I was completely wet, muddy, and my mouth hurt from gritting my teeth in a grand panic.  Sigh....
 Juliana to the rescue.
 She even pulled the boat over to the other side of the pond.  She's such a good sister/aunt.

Later in the day I took the "good" boat out for a spin by myself.  Juliana said that if I started to drown just wave my hand.  I waved my hand while I was sitting in the boat to see if she would notice.  She said I couldn't drown at the moment because she was getting a text message.  Can you tell we had a great day at the Mark Park??  Next time I claim the "good" boat and I'm bringing a life jacket that fits!
 Eating snow cones in a cup!!  YUMMY!
 Upside down Tory.
 Gianna all ready for church on Sunday.
I just love her cute little handkerchief that matches the dress.

No comments: