Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Evening in Sioux Falls

After visiting the Falls we went for a quick walking trip downtown.
 Oh, it actually worked...amazing!
 This is proof to our brother, Paul, that we actually stopped at this store like he suggested.  We also stopped at a gift store with candy and bought some truffles. Then the best stop of the night was an Irish store full of way too many tempting items.  I finally just had to walk out so I wouldn't buy this and that, and one of those, and maybe that one.  As a side note - Paul, I just found out last night that we have a Zandbroz in Fargo.  Never knew that before!

Since it was the first Friday we had free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center after 5.  We walked around and did a few fun things.  For the most part it was overly packed with kids.  I wouldn't mind bringing the kids down there on a non-free day.
 First thing - Juliana plops herself down on the glider.
 Gotta lift that leg to get the proper position.
 Juliana was brave and went into the tornado tube with me.



 Mauri and Juliana had a blast (of air) with this.

 Leave it to Juliana to play along and get her picture in the suit.
 Spooky!  I had to see what I looked like with the different lighting.

 Juliana and Kaylene
 Juliana won the race.
 I'm not sure who one the dance off....I think it was a toss up.
This is as "in trouble" as it goes for us. 
Now we know what Juliana looks like if she was arrested.  Now she never has to get arrested to find out.
 Mirrors...I love mirrors.
Paul, we kept looking for you....

After we had walked through the discovery center we bought some popcorn and waited...and waited.  We decided to watch a movie on an IMAX screen.  We watched Guardians of the Galaxy.  It was almost headache inducing though.  Watching the changing scenes on such a large screen is hard on the eyes.  The movie didn't quite fit on the screen nicely so you had to look all the way from the right to the left and back again to read words in the corner of the screen.  I am glad we did that though.  It was an experience to remember.

Later that night we did a few henna tattoos.
Here is Kaylene's:
Juliana had dog tags with hers and Stephen's initials.  Mauri had Peter's brand and I did eight hearts to represent all my kiddos with the words "I LOVE THEM!" on the top of the hearts.

We also watched a little T.V. and talked.  Good times, laid back, perfect!

No comments: