Sunday, November 9, 2014

The National Music Museum

We started our sisters' weekend by meeting at Juliana's apartment in Vermillion.  Juliana and I went out to eat and had a great talk.  After Mauri and Kaylene arrived we stayed up late talking, then went to bed and talked some more.  

Friday morning we visited the:
 It was amazing!  I didn't know they had such a collection in little ol' South Dakota.  I know there are a lot of pictures on this post, but I couldn't decide what NOT to post.


























































































  













What was your favorite instrument?

I liked many of them - but the house organ and billy goat are my two favorites.

1 comment:

MiniMozarts said...

The reed organ from Massachusetts definitely caught my eye, but that's because my son Andrew plays organ and I would love to hear him play it:)

I am curious about the chest organ from North Germany. Only 6 stops? Wherever would this usefully be played? It's so tiny one would think you couldn't play much outside of a couple of octaves. I think I'll ask google.

Great post!