Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Trick or Treat?

So I made this major mistake.  You see I read in the church bulletin that the All Saint's Day party was on Thursday the 30th.  So on Thursday I made Gianna a saint's costume between school and piano lessons.  We rushed home from piano lessons, got ready for the party, drove to the church - only to find out that the party had been the night before.  I was not a very well-liked mom that night.  That night I felt terrible!  I stopped and bought them Chinese takeout and we watched Transformers (the old cartoon from my childhood) while we ate back at home.  

Now Friday morning comes and I'm still feeling bad.  I really, really should have looked at the bulletin again.  SO, I decided for the first time since Blase was 2 years old we would go trick or treating.  Rex and Cormac went last year with Uncle Loman and Grandpa Bestgen because they were in South Dakota.  Other than that - this was the first time they had gone.
Rex was a mechanic, Brech was a carpenter, Gianna was a princess.
Stephen was a knight and Cormac was a Jedi.
We walked around the neighborhood and came home with just the right amount of candy.

No comments: