Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Grandma Remembered

Walk me with as I show you my Grandma Bestgen's life.  Today we will bury her.  Please remember the family as we close this chapter of Grandma's life.  God bless her family, God bless Grandma.
 1930 - 8 months old with her dad, Earl Enright.
1930- 8 months old with her mom, Rita Enright. 
1930 
 1932 - in front of the playhouse her dad built for her.
1935
 1938 - Darlene with her parents, brother, and sister.

 1938 - First Holy Communion in Rapid City, SD
1940 - Confirmation in Rapid City, SD
 1947 - Graduation picture Sturgis, SD

 July 6, 1950 - Phil and Darlene Bestgen married in Sturgis, SD
Phil and Darlene's family 
 again in 2010
Most of the Bestgen Family in 2010.

That is what Grandma's beautiful life looked like.  A beautiful lady, a beautiful soul, a beautiful legacy.  It is hard to say goodbye to such an incredible person.  I try to remember that our goodbyes are only temporary.  She is one more piece of our family puzzle in heaven.  Some day I will join her, God willing, and add my piece to the puzzle.  At the end of time our puzzle will be complete.  It comforts me to know that Grandma will have cleaned my spot all up and baked some brownies or cookies to share.  She'll be sitting there crocheting a blanket for someone while talking to her mother about the good ol' days.  Those are my memories of her.  Do you have any memories of my grandma?  Please share them if you want to.

No comments: