Friday, July 26, 2013

28 Week Ultrasound

Baby A looked great  - heart beat 159

Baby B looked great also, but didn't cooperate with its breathing.  I guess babies start practicing to breathe at this point.  Baby B decided to sleep instead.  We poked and shook and coxed and nothing worked.  Stinker.  Heart beat was 132.

My doctor appointment was fast and to the point.  I saw a new doctor which was nice.  She's going to be great too, if I happen to get her in delivery.  I liked her immediately.  

Today I weighed 157 with a total weight gain of 26 pounds (or so).  My blood pressure was 106/58.  She didn't measure me so I don't know how much my belly has grown in a week.  Probably better that way.  I go in again next Friday for another ultrasound and doctor's appointment.  I did find out that starting at Week 32 I have to go in for an additional appointment every week for a Non-Stress Test on the babies.  I have to hooked up to a monitor and count fetal movements while they monitor it.  This doctor said I could bring the kids (along with my computer and a movie) as it will only take 15-30 minutes depending on the babies.  More appointments....sigh.  At least I will be well informed about the doctors and ALL their exam rooms after this.  Trying to keep positive!

No comments: