Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Moment of Remembrance

 She wouldn't perform up to expectations so she had to go!

After 10 years and over 200,000 miles on her (we bought her with 24,000 miles), Minnie finally wore out.  She had been overheating.  Darren did what he could to fix her, but it was in vain.

Ok, she's just a van, I know.  But this van has transported our family through more moves, trips, states, and exciting adventures than any other vehicle we have owned.  I have to admit - I wanted to cry.  I suppose it was the pregnancy hormones messing with me.  I felt like we were junking a friend - sending a family member to that far away pasture no one ever goes.
Even the boys were sad to see Minnie go.  The boys commented how the clouds were crying for us too.  Who knew you could be so attached to a vehicle.  She was one of the family.  Oh well - here's the memories we shared with Minnie and the many, many memories to come with Big Bertha (the 12-seater van we own).

No comments: