Monday, July 22, 2013

A City GIrl Can Survive

 When I saw the beautiful sunset last night...
 I figured nothing to could wrong today.

Then the kids and I woke up late and as a result everyone has been cranky and super emotional.

School - while getting completed, has been like pulling teeth.  In fact - I think I'd rather go in for a tooth pulling than be the teacher/mom today.  Some days it is just that way I guess.  They are working, just taking a lot of reminding and hounding to get them to remember they are "working" on school today.
 Then the dryer died.  So we rigged up a clothesline in the garage.
I'm sure the clothes would dry faster outside in the actual breeze - but I have no way of hanging the line out there.  I sure wish I had a clothesline right now.  Of course, I'd probably complain about having to carry the clothes out there and back in again.  I have to admit, I'm somewhat pumped about the idea of our clothes being dried somewhat outside.  The repair guy comes next week on Tuesday.  It will be a long week.

Today life has thrown me lemons and I laughed and made pink lemonade for everyone.  We ate M&M's and did the best we could with a day like this.  I'm hoping this means the rest of the week will be uneventful!

No comments: