Friday, September 29, 2017

Keweenaw Peninsula

Friday, September 22nd, we spend exploring the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan with Fr. Litzner.
Those clouds looked like a day ruining event.
A few minutes later it was downpour central. The wind was blowing so not only did the van want to slide around in the rain, it had help sliding. I'm pretty sure I white-knuckle drive most of the loop.
This sign showed the record snowfall in the winter of 1978-1979 was 390.4 inches. You can't even imagine how much that it. Insanity!!
I don't remember the name of this falls. It is the first of many we have seen in the U.P.


Our first touristy stop was to a monastery that makes and sells jelly, jam, bread, and fruitcake. Their fruitcake is very liquored. We tried some later and I think I might have gotten a buzz just smelling it.







This was a close as we got to Eagle Harbor Lighthouse. Still impressive.


So I rolled down the window and said, "Look," so Blase looked. Then I drive through a puddle and tried to capture it on camera. It didn't work like I wanted it to. 
This time he wanted to stick his head out. I love how we can see his face in the mirror.
















Driving through a cloud of sorts.
Copper Harbor




Driving home with no rain have us a better view of the bridge between Hancock and Houghton, MI.




A little football to end the day.

No comments: