Saturday, August 13, 2011

All is Quiet

By my standards its very quiet here. I can hear the dryer (with cloth diapers and today's clothes) and the window A/C that is set to just fan. The kids are sleeping, the daddy is sleeping, the mommy is wide awake. At moments like this I am torn between staring into space waiting to sleep or getting something done. Right now I am doing neither. I wouldn't consider posting on here as accomplishing anything monumental.

Today was a normal Saturday. Darren and Cormac picked up a window for the school room this morning and took garbage to the dump. Blase worked in the garden and Stephen loaded and unloaded dirt, both as punishments for picking on brothers. I cleaned up the house and worked on planning more school work. Brech managed to eat my M&M's and drink my one Cherry Pepsi I rewarded myself with this week. Rex acted overly tired and was required to spend an hour in his room for some much needed down time. He was suppose to be sleeping, but instead was playing toys "quietly". I had to chuckle when I told him to pick up the toys so I could vacuum. He insisted that I could not vacuum as it would wake him up from his nap. HUH?? Some people's children!! (and they are mostly mine!) Gianna helped her daddy prime the stairway pieces and reload bullets. We were all busy today.
Guess who has adopted us? Those sweet kitty cats. Darren named the one on the left Fred. I named the one on the right Barney. We still haven't been able to catch them to determine if they are boys or girls. Darren insisted that Cormac and I put out some milk for them. Cormac was looking for a big, important job. I suppose you can say that we now have two kittens. I did mention to the boys that they might both be girls. Stephen was so excited because girl cats have babies and we will have more and more and more kittens.
Speaking of Stephen - here is a picture of him with an empty plate. That isn't normally a big deal, but tonight he ate an entire cheeseburger and asked for another. This is the kid that will eat chicken nuggets, but not chicken breast. He will eat tuna fish, but not fish sticks. He will eat just about anything that does not include rice or meat of any kind. Two cheeseburgers. Miracles do happen. If I don't post by next week, assume the world has ended due to a Stephen George eating meat.

No comments: