Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Odds and Ends

Here are a few odds and ends pictures from the past week.
First, my pizza cutter is sad. What are the odds of cutting pizza and the cutter ending up like that? We thought it was pretty cool, even if it is sad.
I switched my flowers and butterfly display to...
a beach theme complete with sand dollar and star fish.
You might recall that Rex received a butterfly house for his birthday. We received five butterflies, but only four of them grew up. Here are a few pictures of them before we let them go. They did enjoy the watermelon, but we decided it was time to be free.
Aren't they beautiful?? We had a great time watching them. Too bad they came out of their cocoons while we were in Duluth. It was a super surprise though.
Rex tried to get one to land on his hand. He didn't have much luck as he wiggled and laughed when they "tickled" his hand.
The butterflies stuck close to home after we released them. I did manage to get one of them to walk onto my hand. That was the first butterfly I have ever had do that.
He or she was polite enough to wait until I took a couple of pictures.
Not the prettiest face if you ask me. They did end up flying away and we haven't seen them since.
Do you see what Cormac found? Stephen thought he might taste good...or maybe not.
Arr ye maties!! See what these land lobers dug? It be their own version of a skull face in that dirt pile. It's even sportin' a spooky lookin' spider web in one of dem eyes. Arrrr....

No comments: