Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Friends

Last weekend we took a mini-vacation to Minnesota. It was a quick trip, but well worth the time and energy to get there. We left Friday after work and drove through most of Wisconsin. The boys always enjoy staying at a hotel, but they were sad there was no time for swimming that night.

Saturday morning we drove to Rogers, MN and stopped at a Cabelas. Darren did some stocking up on re-loading materials while the boys and I looked at the stuffed animals. We also took time to visit the home furnishing section. Blase and Cormac had a great game of checkers while the rest of us waited in comfort on camo covered chairs and couches. Blase ended up spending some of his birthday money and bought one of the checkers games.

We continued onto our destination of Long Prairie, MN. My dear friend from my teen years, Jessica, and her family live there. I haven't seen them for over 6 years and Darren has never met them before. We had a great time! The boys enjoyed making new friends.
One of the most exciting things was getting to swim in their pool.
Cormac and his new friend. They had such fun together. Cormac is still talking about his new friend and how his new friend should come visit him for his birthday and how Cormac wants to go visit his new friend next weekend and how his new friend has play guns and on and on....all in one breathe. He is one excited boy!
The other "most exciting" thing about their friends' house was the go-cart. Here is Rex getting a ride. The boys are trying to convince Darren that they need a go-cart too. Blase is talking about saving his money for a go-cart or maybe Legos. He can't decide which is more important at the moment.
It rained the night was stayed. The kids had planned to have a camp out, so instead they had a camp in. They slept in the garage and had a party. Personally I would have rather slept anywhere but on the floor. Boys can be so tough if ask me! Maybe next time we visit them the weather will cooperate so they can camp outside.
Here is Blase having a last minute turn on the go-cart. We attended Mass with them and then spent the morning at their house. Not only did they give us a place to stay the night, but a wonderful breakfast as well. They spoiled us!! My boys can't wait to go back. Gianna doesn't mind one way or another at this point, but I'm sure she enjoyed being passed around. She doesn't get held as often as she thinks she needs to be here.


We also attended a graduation party for a friend of ours. The boys had a great time as did I. Some of my brothers and sisters were there as well as my sweet Goddaughter Bella. It was great to see everyone for a few hours. Stephen, Rex and Cormac all feed the goats. I had to give my city kids a lesson on feeding animals from your hand. Rex was too funny as he called them deer. Some day I will have a goat or two and Rex will have to milk those "deer".
Gianna, Aunt Mauri and Bella

It was crazy how much Bella has grown. Gianna was almost a pound and a half heavier at birth, but now Bella is bigger than she is. I just love Bella's chubby cheeks! They are just right for kissing. I thought it was funny how we dressed the girls in basically the same color without knowing it. I am so glad we took time to take a picture.

No comments: