Friday, December 6, 2013

Advent 2013 - Day 6

Advent 2013 - Day 6

Happy St. Nicholas' Day!!
 There was a mad dash to the pile of shoes this morning.
 Gianna was excited to see there was candy in her shoes.
 Blase must have been a bad boy because he had (candy) coal in his boots.
For the record - so did Mom and Dad.
 Cormac was checking to make sure everything was out of his boot.  I think he expected some coal too.  The good thing is all the dirt is out of the boot.  The bad thing is that it is on the floor now.
 I love this St. Nicholas themed chocolate candy.
The kids were happy to get little boxes of cereal.  Those are rare treats around here for many reasons.
Today's book (surprise, surprise) was a book about a St. Nicholas icon and church in Russia.  This is such a good story.  The boys paid the best attention to the story of all the books so far. 
 Today's activity was to color St. Nicholas pictures, do crossword puzzles, and play some easy games.
 Rex modeled his page off of the icon in today's story book.  Oh my, what a goof I am.  I just noticed that the coloring picture and the story actually went together.  I didn't plan that.  It was just my favorite coloring page I found online.  I love it when a plan comes together that I didn't even plan! 
Brech is showing me how he can put together a St. Nicholas game. 
 Such a ham!!
 Tonight we had a pizza party in the basement.  The kids asked for Little Caesar's pizza because "St. Nicholas lived in Roman times."  What a great idea because I didn't have to cook!
We watched the Veggie Tales St. Nicholas story on Netflix.  What a great night!!

Rex and Gianna woke up healthy and happy.  The sun was shining all day, but it was -5 today so no playing outside.  Tonight we are expecting -25.  Tomorrow will be just as cold with the wind chill being close to -40, so I'm told.  I think I'll stay inside!

No comments: