Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent 2013 - Day 9

Advent 2013 - Day 9 
This is one of my favorite pictures of Rex.  I accidently took this picture in black and white.  I'm so glad I did because I think it really adds to the picture.  He was really hoping it would be one of the three brand new books I bought.  It wasn't.
 Instead it was a well-worn copy of The Night Before Christmas.  I love reading this book just so I can say in a deep voice, "Dash away, dash away, dash away all."  Corny, I know.  This is one poem I wish I had memorized.  I had scheduled Blase's work to include memorizing this, but for some reason having twin sisters during the first half of the school year just gets in the way of poem learning.
 Today's craft involved little hands. (Kiara)
It includes small hands.  (Gianna) 
 It also includes medium hands. (Stephen)
 Big and little - all hands are included in today's craft.  (Mom and Brigid) You will have to wait a bit longer to see the results.  It is nothing too fancy, so don't hold your breathe.  In fact, I'm sure you will say the pictures of the hands were more exciting.
 Tonight there was a cookie exchange at the CCM meeting.  Blase was my main cookie helper today.  His hands were covered in Rice Krispies a few times.  The end result was worth the sticky hands!!

No comments: