Monday, December 2, 2013

Five Birthdays in Heaven

I thought for my brother Mark's 22nd birthday (5th in heaven) I'd post a link to prior blog posts I've written about Mark.  Mark's death has become a major part of who I am today.  The things I've learned on this journey have taught me more than I could ever imagine.  Silly things like the sound of rain, a young man who reminds me of Mark, camo, and a bunch of other random things are treasures to me.  They are reminders to me to slow down and smell the rain, to pray for that young man who may be struggling and no one knows, and to remember the things that made Mark special to all of us.  I wonder - would others remember me the way I remember Mark?  Having come close to death this year makes me wonder if I am leaving behind a GOOD lasting impression.  Will there be random things that remind others of me?  I kind of hope so.  I would welcome a memory in another that triggers a prayer for me.  Who wouldn't?

As always - I miss you, Mark.

As always - I love you, Mark.



These posts always make me cry.

R.I.P. Little Brother

BEEP, BEEP

Another Birthday Without You

First First

No Address in the Stars

Beautiful Book

21 Shots Anyone?

The Day in August

No comments: